Wednesday, November 19, 2008

museum overload





In the past two weeks I have visited 7 museums on various family visits. These are just a few of the 300 pictures I took. I don't feel like typing all the image's info, so if something strikes your fancy and want to learn more, please don't hesitate to ask.

I will say that the room of furniture was made by a guy (they found it all after he died) that got all the furniture out of the trash and thrift stores and decorated them with aluminum foil and construction paper. It's his alter to Jesus when the second coming happens. the row of rocks are what rutile looks like ( I saw lots of other natural forms of ceramic fixin's like feldspar and magnesium and cobalt, oh my!) The celling is from the peacock room which was partcially designed and built by Whistler, the cabinet has a miniature room in the center of it and the mink, gross and fantastic!




No comments: