Monday, December 8, 2008

whats been going on lately

A deep freezer, which I understand just looks like a box, but that's what they look like. Maybe a Frigidaire decal would help?








Cake stands!! I am actually more excited about making cakes to put on them. I don't really like the form. I like the idea of making them multifunctional (the plates on top come off) I just don't know how to do that in a cohesive way yet.







Dumpster. This was the first thing I made. It's waiting to be fired. I gave it a rutile bath before putting a satin white glaze on.







Oil Drum. Most recent, as you can see. I like this one the most so far.
I am planning on putting upholstered interiors in the boxes. I am still unsure what they will contain in the end. I started doing these with the intention of pots going inside, but now I am not so sure they need that.

1 comment:

Sean P. Morrissey said...

omg. i started doing prints of dumpsters when i got here!
AND i'm in love with those cake stands!